Art on Paper 2021 - Call for Submissions
Deadline: June 14, 2020
The Weatherspoon Art Museum is currently accepting submissions for its biennial exhibition, Art on Paper
, which will be held January 23 –April 18, 2021
. This exhibition presents a broad range of contemporary art in which the use of paper, either as a surface or material, is a primary consideration. The exhibition is organized by Dr. Emily Stamey, Curator of Exhibitions at the Weatherspoon, with purchases supported by The Dillard Fund.
The Dillard Fund and xpedx
have provided long-standing sponsorship of acquisitions from Art on Paper, allowing the Weatherspoon to expand and broaden its collection over the years. First begun in 1965, the museum’s nationally recognized Dillard Collection of Art on Paper now numbers more than 575 artworks.Art on Paper 2021
will include works by both emerging and established artists from across the United States.The exhibition will feature multiple works by each participating artist. Space limitations will make the selection process highly competitive.REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
• Only unique, one-of-a-kind artworks on, or composed primarily of, paper will be considered. These may include drawing, painting, collage, sculpture, monoprint, etc. Editioned prints, multiples, and photographs are not accepted.
• Artists whose work was included in Art on Paper 201
7, Art on Paper 2019
, or who are currently enrolled students are ineligible to apply.
• Artworks must be dated 2017 or later.
• All submissions must be made online via submittable.com
• All applications must be received by the Weatherspoon by 5 pm (Eastern Standard Time ) on Sunday, June 14, 2020
. Materials received after June 14 will not be considered.
• Works selected for inclusion in the exhibition must be suitably framed and/or made ready for installation by the artist prior to shipping.The Weatherspoon is unable to provide framing.
• All works must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
• As Art on Paper
is a project through which the Weatherspoon builds its collection, all works must be for sale. A “Price on Request” designation is not acceptable.
The submission of an entry to Art on Paper 2021
will constitute agreement by the entrant to all conditions set forth in this prospectus.EXHIBITION ARRANGEMENTS
The Weatherspoon Art Museum assumes the responsibility of insuring and caring for works of art selected for exhibition. The Museum will cover shipping costs, arrange for transportation to and from the Museum, and insure works while in transit. The Museum reserves the right to photograph and reproduce images of selected entries for publication, education, and publicity purposes.The Museum will allow visitor photography of the exhibition.IMAGE SUBMISSIONS
Each artist may submit up to eight images (300 dpi) via the website submittable.com
All images must be of works made since 2017 and must be accompanied by a checklist including titles, dates, materials, dimensions, and prices. NOTIFICATION
Artists will be notified of their status by July 31, 2020
. ENTRY CHECKLIST
[ ] 8 images of recent work in jpeg format (300 dpi)
[ ] Detailed image caption list (including title, date, material, dimensions, and price for each image)and brief artist statement (optional; no more than 250 words).
[ ] Current resume or C.V. (please include mail and email addresses)MUSEUM ADDRESS
Weatherspoon Art Museum
500 Tate Street, Greensboro, NC 27403
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org